Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Design-aholic.

I am a design junkie.


Show me bold colors and abstract shapes and you've won my heart. If I had it my way, my home would be dripping in a slew of Etsy finds, with bold and vibrant wallpaper covering each blank wall, funky pillows strewn about.....but, alas I have to tone it down and meld my loud and vibrant, with my fiance's refined and modern.

It usually turns out to be a great collaboration when we finally agree; but more often than not, we just sit and stare at our blank walls and contemplate how we would decorate them if we had it our way...and, a million dollars.


We do agree on our love of fabulous art from local artist
Hilary Williams, and I was lucky enough to receive my first piece as a birthday gift this year. It's gorgeousness is gracing our living room (otherwise, blank) wall.

So, in addition to lots of kid talk and all things Nohi Kids related, this blog will be a homage to all things that I love about design--a menagerie of finds, a wish list of sorts...

Today, while reading one of my all time favorite blogs, Design Sponge,I came across these little lovelies that caught my eye from local company, Modern Twist.

A little blurb from their about us page:

Modern-twist is a San Francisco/Oakland based company that thrives on the great multi-cultural and diverse community of the Bay Area that is passionate about the planet, our differences, and our similarities. Bringing art to the table via collaborations with independent artists and designers, m-t is a pioneer in the use of food-grade, hand-silkscreened silicone. With a minimalist aesthetic, Modern-twist home accessories exhibit unmatched elegance and innovation in the design and use of silicone.


Well, that all sounds great.




I will take all of these items, please.
All of which can be found here.

Have you seen a cuter trivet? I mean, I don't think that I own one trivet and quite possibly have never used a trivet. But, I can assure you that I will start just to have these in my possession.




Hello, adorable placemats made from food-grade, hand silk screened silicone.


And, last but certainly not least, these coasters. I secretly wish that I could tattoo this pattern all over my body. You will soon realize my freakish obsession with circles, and my deep love of the color teal.

No comments:

Post a Comment